Tuesday, February 4, 2014

QOTD - caesura

No quote today, because I found myself on the horns of a dilemma and decided abstaining was my most comfortable option. 

Pity, because I found today's calendar page to be food for positive thought. However, I don't want to put up a quote without proper attribution and hence the dilemma. 

Google has made a bragging point out of the organic flagging capabilities of Blogger and G+, that it's unnecessary for a writer to add tags to a post in order for proper keywords to be picked up by the search engine. In the case of this particular QOTD, the keywords certain to be picked up would be the name of the author and would result in providing additional media to someone who is heavily trending just now. 

I refuse to give even minor additional support to someone who is making great twisted capital of social media for an agenda that I do not support. 

BTW, this decision is nicely emblematic of my customary tendency to prioritize integrity. If only I were different in that way, I'd probably have far less need to Keep Calm and Carry On.

No comments:

Post a Comment