Sunday, October 31, 2010

And We're Off!!!


November begins at midnight and my life adjusts for National Novel Writing Month. For the entire month of November, all waking “personal” hours (i.e. hours not included in the salaried work day) will be dedicated to writing as much as I possibly can of my new steampunk (more or less) novel.

I’ve got a nice new “Decomposition” notebook (you have to love the stuff you can find in the shops around Hallowe’en!) tucked into my bag so that I can write on the subways and during lunch during the week, and of course I’ll be writing every night. The weekends may take me back to the experience of writing my college History thesis – write until my head explodes, sleep for a couple of hours, write some more. If I don’t stop for fifteen minutes to worry over the exact right word (my favorite act of procrastination) and if I don’t stumble over any massive plotting potholes, I should be able to push out a lot of words.

What I won’t be doing in November is socializing, either face-to-face, on the phone or online. I’m advising friends and followers alike to expect only the briefest of blast bulletins from me, and I thank you all in advance for your forbearance and support.

Be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment