Friday, January 31, 2014

Are We Downhearted? No!

2013 was a rough year for me. For 2014, hoping to spark some optimism, a loving family member gave me a "Keep Calm…" page-a-day calendar. 

The quotes are an interesting and odd compilation. Either the people over at the calendar company are juggling a few too many of these, or stress is starting to erode my faculties, because I can't understand how some of these seem neither calming nor uplifting. They do, however, inspire me to think. So, starting tomorrow, I'll be ending each day with a reflection on that day's quote.  

BTW, the title of this post is today's QOTD. It's a WW1 British military expression. Very positive and strong, no? You could practically march to it. I got all charged up just from reading it. Until I imagined it being chanted by young men in the trenches of that war. Then it became empty bravado, a lost generation attempting to mask their fear of imminent death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment